1.05.2006

On the Losing End For Once

so here i am, the day after the loss. i really don't know how to say this, but it's almost a relief to finally have it out of the way. of course i'm saddened by the end of the win streak and the failure to make history by becoming the first team to win three consecutive titles. and i could sit here and spout out self-assuring phrases like "our boys gave it their best" and "we're still going to tear it up next year." i've heard a plethora of similar comments. but a loss is a loss and i'm going to accept it at that and try not to engage in any post-game analysis and finger-pointing. i understand that this was a life-altering event for many people and i humbly respect that, but i must say that despite my fervent and continued support of the team, i'm ready to move on with my life. so if you must talk about it, by all means, go ahead. just don't expect me to fall to my knees, my shoulders shaking with great sobs of sorrow and remorse.

No comments: