1.23.2006

Memory Rewind

i officially renewed my membership in the mile-fly club today. 80 x 25 yards butterfly on the :30. i haven't done that much fly since the last time i conquered that 2,000 yard set with rossi back in what seems like a million summers ago.

my left knee is giving me trouble. i don't think it's happy about the whole marathon idea. here's hoping it holds out so i can get those 26.2 miles off of my to-do list.

camus wrote in the stranger that a man that has lived one day can live a thousand years in prison. just the memories of that one day in the world would be enough to last a hundred lifetimes. i was falling asleep last night and trying to wrap my head around the idea of a device that allowed me to recall all the memories of my life in vivid detail. i could spend decades in the ignorant bliss of childhood, as trite and cliche as that sounds.

No comments: