5.17.2006

Workhorse

i rode my bike to my internship downtown today. much better than taking the bus. cut about an hour out of my total roundtrip time. i know many of you are wondering what exactly i do at the los angeles times. so here is a description of the work i did today:

telephoned restaurant managers to confirm the restaurant's name, address and special menu items for the annual food guide.

...and that's about it. for seven hours. once again...that was...seven...hours. oh wait, i took a few five minute breaks to go to the bathroom. i guess i can't really complain. i just want your pity. i don't think i've ever been more hungry in my life. imagine describing the most devastatingly delectable dishes for a seven hour stretch. it's no fun. i'm sure i could've taken a 30 minute break to grab some food at their amazing cafeteria (or test kitchen), but i'm apparently a very determined person once i have a task in front of me. such a horrible fault, i know. no one is going to want to hire me. oh well. anyway, i gotta hit the hay now if i want to get up for a workout at 6 (never gonna happen).

No comments: