5.31.2006

Morning Glory

i learned several things at my first swim practice after a week of sickness this morning. first, i am really slow and weak. second, someone put the flags at the far end of the pool in the wrong holes, so i slammed my hand into the wall, making me very angry. third, it is extremely hard to train with absolutely no one to race. i don't know where the swim team was this morning. fourth, for having the self-described job of guarding lives, the people working the stand during the 6-8 a.m. shift seem to completely hate life. i can't remember seeing more morose expressions ever. pretty sad.

i will be getting paid for interning at the los angeles times for the next four days, as they requisitioned my fact-checking skills for work on their annual restaurant guide, which is quickly approaching deadline. thankfully, my boss at my other job was cool about letting me have those days off even though i just started two weeks ago. so i'm going to be pulling in the big bucks for a few days! very exciting. that's all for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you were doing backstroke?

crediblering said...

only as a warm-down. and today, when i got to the pool, i knew it was going to be a good day. they switched it to short course.