11.09.2005

I Have This Idea For a Post...It's About Nothing

ahh, the classic days of seinfeld, where have they gone? now those ancient memories rest in faded glory, brought out only for an hour or so on tbs.

sometimes i wonder what would happen if i just didn't try at all. it seems like things keep falling into my lap. here is the story for all you confused little readers of mine: ten hours ago i was in the deepest pit of despair and discouragement over the progress of my broadcast journalism project. the assignment was to basically create a 1:45 minute news package like any you might see on television news. at this point, i had horrible b-roll, no interviews, no standup and a weak, faltering script. ten hours ago. and then the clouds rolled in and unleashed a steady drizzle on my day. luckily, that wasn't a metaphor for the situation i found myself in, but just the weather here in "sunny" los angeles. somehow i managed to pull together a couple of interviews, shoot my standup, revise and tighten my script and edit the whole piece together with hours to spare.

i spent those few hours watching seinfeld. the one where the whole episode is in reverse and you see the story unfold backwards. yea, that one where they go to india for that wedding and that guy wishes that kramer would drop dead. and we see the faults inherent in elaine's "vault of secrets." vault faults you might say.

and now for a completely nothing thought: "I believe I know how to synergize exponentially. I simply have to recontextualize vertically rather than to benchmark intuitively."

here's hoping your life is as stressfree as mine is at this moment.

No comments: