9.06.2006

Staredown

why do people (mostly girls, not to be sexist, but to be a little sexist) insist on playing chicken with me when i'm on my bike? especially those people standing still? why move back and forth? are you trying to mess with my mind? i'm not going to run into you. just stand there and i'll find a way around. or i'll stop. i'll do anything besides plowing headlong into your chestplate, so please, stop acting as though i'm about to impale you with my handlebar.

on my way to work today, which is where i sit as i write this post, i saw a middle-aged guy walking in front of me. a girl passed in front of him, and he actually stopped, turned and stared fully at her ass for a good three seconds before continuing on his way. no effort to disguise the move. he had to know there were other people around who could witness him doing this. yet, no shame. i don't think i'd ever noticed anything like that before, although i'm sure it's happened. hopefully i wasn't on the staring end.

No comments: