11.27.2006

End of the Beginning

as you may or may not have noticed, skp magazine is gone. probably never to return again. yes, i'm lazy and uncreative and unmotivated. and it was sad to see it just sit there collecting dust, new material coming after longer and longer intervals. i'm just trying to keep this one alive. my creative impulses may manifest themselves in a new form in the coming months, but for now it's down to the old insular jot.

i may be getting a paid gig at the los angeles times next semester. nothing important or worthwhile, for those getting all giggly and excited. news clerk. management speak for glorified coffee bitch. i'm supposed to talk with someone and come in for an interview and a tour of the newsroom (like i didn't see it during my time at west, which was on my resume, which is how i came to be considered for the position in the first place). so we'll see how my schedule next semester gels with what they are looking for in a strapping young man needed to lift heavy objects and mop the brows of furiously typing metro writers.

it's been getting a bit nippy in the evenings around here, which is great, because i can actually drink coffee without dying of heat exhaustion. and i can wear warm clothes. i seem to have a problem regulating my body temperature. constantly hot. wonder if that's related to good looks. (here's where you insert lame quip about my ugliness relating to my inability to control my temperature).

one more football game. the big bad ucla bruins (oh man, i kill myself sometimes). should be a fun little weekend. classes, done. work, done. thinking, done. well. except for a few pockets of studying for finals. so less thinking, more drinking may become a recurring theme in the coming weeks. half-kidding, of course.

No comments: