7.10.2006

Winter in the Summer

well folks, it's the start of another week, and i managed to drag myself out of bed this morning to swim in that overheated cesspool of a dive tank and lift weights with the other early-morning workout crazies. it is a string of what will hopefully be a full week of exercise that will return me to a glimmer of my former self. unfortunately, the pool is closed this coming weekend for a swim meet, so i'll have to find other methods of self-torture.

i did laundry last night. wait, let me rephrase that. i did something slightly resembling laundry last night. wet clothes were involved, but that was about it. the washer and dryer at my apartment complex are, to put it gently, somewhat deficient. after a wash and two dry cycles, my clothes were still damp and smelling a tad worse than when they went in. because when i think wash and dry, i'm really envisioning smelly and damp. makes sense, right? so that was an enjoyable debacle. one of many to come this month, i'm sure.

well, i've settled on a name for my mystery guitar, the one that appeared on my doorstep without a hint of from whence it came (did that even make sense?). apparently it was a completely altruistic gesture. so phantom benefactor, if you are reading this, accept my gracious thanks. oh, and the name. well, i tossed around a few ideas for a few weeks and finally settled on winter, on account of it's pale spruce top and bright, crisp sound. so sera and winter are now splitting playing time and i'm pretty happy with both.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's gonna be 110 here in Fresno, CA. you could come here and sweat off a few pounds.