3.28.2006

Priorities

why is it that the only women i am attracted to are studying in the worst-paying fields? like philosophy or creative writing. for that matter, why are philosophy and creative writing such poor-paying fields? that's the kind of stuff that's the most important to me. not so much the state of wall street or how to effectively manage a business. i guess journalism is kind of a compromise for me. it definitely has ties to that kind of capitalistic mentality. parts of it are definitely not about creativity and free thinking. but then other parts are, especially with magazine and in-depth style writing, which appears to be my calling. plus the whole fact that it's another one of those poor-paying fields. so i guess it's my compromise between my need to express my creativity and my need to not quite be the starving artist. it would be nice to have nice things without having to sacrifice personal expression and authenticity to self.

No comments: