2.15.2007

Down on the Farm

from the fabulous fresno bee:

Rudy Giuliani -- the Brooklyn-born, big-city politician -- worked the World Ag Expo on Tuesday like a farmer tilling his soil.

The former New York City mayor, probably best known for his leadership after the terrorist attacks in 2001, probably shook more hands, cozied up to more babies, signed more autographs and schmoozed with more exhibitors than any past visitor.

And the expo, an annual event teeming with hundreds of exhibitors and thousands of visitors trolling for the latest in farming technology, was fertile ground.

But Giuliani, on the campaign trail for president, made no bones about how spare his knowledge of farming is.

"What do I know about agriculture?" he asked the crowd of about 450 at the expo's opening ceremonies at the Heritage Complex. "I know how much we depend on you, the importance of the Central Valley in feeding us and taking care of us. I know how much we depend on each other."

Later, he would say, "I'm not a big expert on ag policy. But I will be."

first of all, way to follow through on the farming metaphor. second of all, if you think giuliani gives the slightest shit about agriculture in tulare, california, you might want to find a nice, quiet place to die.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you ... That fuckin mayor can kiss my ass... cost me fuckin tip money and a good night at mimis so he could take a fuckin piss... and look now he has me sounding like a sailor. GRRRR..damn politician